Nokia 6321 problems

H

holmslaw

Hi, not into mobile phones, worst invention ever, but I do need one.

I have a Nokia 6321 on orange PAYG, orange is the only net work that works at my home address.

Recently turned it on and got the message 'insert sim card', the sim card was inserted, but I could get no further than that message, ie the phone would'nt do anything.

Various mobile shops advised me the phone was knackered. This gave me a big problem because all my contacts were stored on the phones memory rather than the sim card, and I was being told the contacts were lost.

So, I accept the contacts are lost forever and today I go to Tesco to buy a new phone, salesman fits a Tesco sim card and miraculously the phone works.

Fits my orange sim card the phone won't work, obvious conclusion the sim card is knackered.

So he fits a brand new orange sim card and the phone gives the message 'insert sim card', and the phone won't work.

Refit the tesco sim card and the phone works.

Tesco guy admitted he did'nt have a clue what was going on, can any of you guys advise what's going on.

Will ring orange tomorrow to see if they can explain, but your opinions would be much appreciated, TIA.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back