Samsung lcd no picture..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when i turn on my LCD samsung tv on my standby light flickers 3-4 times and then just blank black screen no picture or sound, on very rare occasions the tv will work. any feedback will be most welcome.

Sponsored Links
are you able to switch on the TV manually without the remote?
an if so does TV perform as it should?
Have you checked / changed, the battries in the remote?

Wotan

non starting from cold, but working when slightly warmer could well be the capacitors in some part of the power supply failing.

If a cap is going faulty it will usually start to bulge. When it does this the item becomes intermittent. Left long enough it will fail completely. The test for a failing cap is to heat it gently. They'll work temporarily when warm, then fail again when cool.

Search the web for info about repairing the power supply for your TV.

sounds like i need to take into the menders then seen as its out of warranty just looked it up sounds like a common problem with samsung, will it be a costly job?

Sponsored Links
the parts are inexpensive. Labour will be whatever it costs from your local repairer. That's all presuming of course that it is the power supply caps.

Oh, just a thought. Caps come in two main temperature ratings. 85C and 105C (C= Degrees C). 85C are cheaper by pennies, and I bet you can guess which are used in TVs most often :rolleyes: ;) Get them replaced with 105C versions.

the parts are inexpensive. Labour will be whatever it costs from your local repairer. That's all presuming of course that it is the power supply caps.

Oh, just a thought. Caps come in two main temperature ratings. 85C and 105C (C= Degrees C). 85C are cheaper by pennies, and I bet you can guess which are used in TVs most often :rolleyes: ;) Get them replaced with 105C versions.

The "C"''s in capacitors relate to CAPACITANCE, not heat?

No, the C on the side of a capacitor, preceded by a degree sign and several numbers, is the maximum operating temperature. In degrees Celsius. Capacitance is measured in farads. You should know these things.

No, the C on the side of a capacitor, preceded by a degree sign and several numbers, is the maximum operating temperature. In degrees Celsius. Capacitance is measured in farads. You should know these things.

By it's very nature, it the capacitor rating. capacitor rating are rated as capacitor rating - not farads? That is totally different. Are you mental?

By it's very nature, it the capacitor rating. capacitor rating are rated as capacitor rating - not farads? That is totally different. Are you mental?

Have you ever actually looked at a capacitor?

800px-Condensador_electrolitico_150_microF_400V.jpg

105°C maximum operating temperature, 400V maximum operating voltage, 150 microfarads capacitance. If these markings confuse you, perhaps you should go back to school.

Have you ever actually looked at a capacitor?

800px-Condensador_electrolitico_150_microF_400V.jpg

105°C maximum operating temperature, 400V maximum operating voltage, 150 microfarads capacitance. If these markings confuse you, perhaps you should go back to school.

I was referring to the prior posts regarding heat, where the concept of capacitance wasn't mentioned. But I do admit that my post wasn't worded correctly. And I apologise. I have taken some tablets for a medical condition, not had a drink, had some outside influence, so I do apologise. I've been rather ill recently. Sorry.

I was referring to the prior posts regarding heat, where the concept of capacitance wasn't mentioned. But I do admit that my post wasn't worded correctly. And I apologise. I have taken some tablets for a medical condition, not had a drink, had some outside influence, so I do apologise. I've been rather ill recently. Sorry.

Ah, so you're the one who's mental. ;)

What?

What?

Never mind, sense of humour failure (I'm unsure which one of us).

What?

Never mind, sense of humour failure (I'm unsure which one of us).

Well, you're from Cornwall, so I guess..you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back