TS690 factory reset question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a TS690 with an added speech dialler (no redcare or monitoring) and I have upset it by removing the cover of a pir and accidentally blowing a fuse. I have replaced the fuse but need to know if doing a factory reset will lose all the programming, or just the engineers passcode. It's not allowing me to reset with just the user code. I have both the installation and user manuals, and I've read there's a non-volatile memory which keeps all the settings, but there's no mention of any reset other than user or factory. The professional who installed it is gone and it's been working fine for 10 years. Thanks for reading this and I would appreciate any advice.
dek

Sponsored Links
If the installation engineer has inadvertently
changed the engineers passcode or the
passcode has been forgotten, the passcode can
be reset back to 1234 without losing any other
programmed data. This procedure can only be
used providing a master user passcode is
available:
1. Ensure that the system is unset and a user
passcode is available.
2. Remove the cover from the control panel, this
will cause a “Panel Lid tamper” alarm.
3. Ask the user to enter their passcode to silence
the alarm.
4. Place the blade of a small screwdriver
between the pins labelled “FACTORY RESTART”.
A multi-tone sound indicates the engineers
passcode has been reset.
5. Replace the control panel cover. At the
remote keypad enter 1234. The display will
show “Engineers Menu 1"

Lucky, a earlier panel and it would all go pear shaped.

To change engineers code from 1234 go to E2 opt 4 bit like using the user menues but more fun. Dont wander around in there though, you will stuff the programming.

Excuse the cut and paste,was easier :D

Thanks, Alarm ..... everything seems back to normal after running the hardware relearn that came up on the keypad. engineers code is 1234. Only problem now is that there's a panel lid tamper error on the keypad screen and it won't set. I've opened and closed the panel a couple of times and stretched the spring and checked it is pressed by the lid ok. sorry to be a nuisance, but how do I cancel the tamper. I'm pretty sure the tamper switch is closing and I've searched the manual for any clue. I know the tamper circuit is not monitored when the system is in engineer mode so I 've tried opening and closing the panel in both modes. I've also changed the configuration to (7)user reset and (10) tamp user reset.
I really appreciate your help.... wish I could reciprocate somehow.
thanks again,
dek

The tamper spring can be a bastid TBH.
Get someone to push it down ( lid off of course) until they hear it click.
Then go thru the eng reset and or cust reset.

As for thanks, a ikkle button on the reply has "thanks" on it.
Press that 55 times and i`ll come and reset it for you :D

Stretching the spring can sometimes make it worse, I found double sided tape kept the basket in place. Not the worlds best cure but a bit of double sided on the lid where spring hit did the job.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant .... a mechanical solution... the kind I like best! BTW, I tried multiple presses on the 'thanks' button but the page disappeared...
thanks again...
dek

PMSL, knew the button would disappear!
Hope that works for you, people sometimes forget there are some mechanics in these things.
The info should sort things out, if not pop back.

And thanks for the thanks :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back