RAVENHEAT CSI 85 COMBI BOILER, PRESSURE KEEPS DROPPING?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I was hoping some could clarify a question i have about the above.

Looking through other posts i think i have found the problem, but here goes.
I have the above bolier and the pressure keeps dropping, typically if i put it on then it goes off, next time i go to put it on it will not work. I check the pressure and it has dropped right down, i fill up and it works again.
From looking at other posts i have seen that it might be the pressure relief valve that needs replacing, as i have looked out side and there is warter dripping quite quickly from the pipe leading out of the bolier.

Does this sound correct?
If so am i right in thinking this is only a cheap part to replace?

Many thanks in advance for your help :D

Jayne

Sponsored Links
does indeed sound like the PRV
Try manual releasing the pressure, normally by twisting it and this nay be enough to flush dirt though or reseat the valve, An issue my ol combi suffered with.
I got the old insert out when it did fail as this is generic and only cost about £7 where as the Worcester part was about £45
eg the black top in this one may unscrew pop in the local plumbers
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p55206

Thank you very much for the advise.

Just before I read this I have manually filled it, so the pressure is back up, I have put the heating on constant and the pressure is staying level, even going up a bit. But it is dripping quite fast outside. I think for now I will leave it on constant and take a proper look in the day light. But hopefully an easy fix then :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back