Help, I've lost some channels on my sky box, any ideas why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I wonder if someone can help me?

For the last few days i can't get a few channels on sky. I've lost BBC1, BBC2 is hit and miss, theres quite a few more when we get a picture, its all pixelly and you cant watch it.

I've switched it off and on a few times, left it off overnight, checked that the connections on the back of the box havent fell out, but i'm stumped ?

Anyone got any ideas about how i can sort this out without having to get an engineer out to look at it?

Many thanks in advance,

TC

Sponsored Links
Do you have a cordless DECT phone close to the digibox as this can interfere with some channel frequencies?

If you do try unplugging it and siting it further away to see if things improve.

Hiya, thanks for the reply.

We've had the same phone for 5 years now and haven't moved it any closer to the Sky box. I've tried moving the phone anyway but still no change.

Any more suggestions appreciated.

TC

Have you had a new wireless router which can also affect it?

Otherwise probably a digibox fault. One simple way of testing this is to take the box to a friend/relatives and connect it there. If it works then you will know that something in or near your house is to blame, possibly even a dodgy street light, if not then it will likely need repairing.

You could try resetting it by going to SERVICES, SYSTEM SET UP, pressing 0 1 SELECT on the remote and choosing SYSTEM RESET.

BE WARNED: This will delete any recordings or programmes in your Planner and any personal preferences you have set.

If unsuccessful give Sky a bell (Good luck with that one!) because they can talk you through some other re-booting options, but will be reluctant if you are not a subscriber.

Sponsored Links
Hold the backup button, while inserting power. The unit will then take 5 minutes to download, and install new software. DO NOT switch it off during this process.
Losing H/V channels suggest a LNB failure, check the settings to see what the signal strength is, quality, and quantity.

There is also a new facility to reset the box, in the menus, when the box freezes, the diagnostic menu.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back