Eurosec CPX disconnection query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just a couple of questions for someone more knowledgeable than myself. I have an old Eurosec CPX system which has:
* a panel in the airing cupboard wired off of a fused spur;
* a bellbox on the front of the house just below the roof;
* a keypad beside the front door;
* numerous PIRs and door contacts on the external doors.

I want to retire (permanently) the entire system. I have the user code (which is the default code as stated in the engineers manual for the unit) so, I am hoping that the engineers code is also default. Unfortunately, the system was put in by the previous house owners and the original installer is no longer trading!

I am planning to:
1. put the system into engineers mode (assuming the default code works);
2. kill all power to the house at the main switch and then pop the fuse from the spur;
3. open up and disconnect the battery in the alarm panel;
4. open up and disconnect the battery in the bell box.

Am I right in thinking that if the engineers code is correct that the alarm will not go off during this process? Am I right that the above steps will completely kill the alarm stone dead?

One thing that does concern me a little..will it be safe to leave the fused spur in situ with no fuse connected? I am planning to get the spur removed but, not being an electrician, I will be leaving that to someone a lot more qualified!

Thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
Then engineer code will allow you to remove the control panel cover without generating a tamper alarm.

Once mains and battery power has been romoved from the system, the external sounders hold-off will kick in and sound for 15 - 20 minutes, (15 being the max time now allowed) You will need your ladders out at this stage.

Your spur will be fine with the fuse removed.

PLEASE BE CAREFULL AROUND THE MAINS!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back