Broken Accenta control panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, everyone; hoping somebody can help me with this.
I have an Accenta Mini 8 3G box under my stairs and a remote keypad in my hallway (Part no. 8EP 219 or 8EP 332), and the remote keypad is dead, as far as I can tell. The buttons light up, but all the other lights are out and it doesn't do anything when I press them.
Of course, it was only a matter of time before the power around here failed, and the alarm started sounding, and my wife had to wait it out, as putting in the code is no longer an option.
Here's my question:
If I buy a replacement panel and just change it out, wiring it up in the exact same way as the old one is (during the daytime, in case the main alarm sounds), will that be enough?
In fact, could it be that the problem is something else like a blown fuse or something, and if so, will opening the box under my stairs make the alarm go off?
I'm competent with electrical things, and don't mess with things when the power is still on, but I want to know what I'm up against before deciding whether to do this or not.
Thanks in advance,
omannay.

Sponsored Links
Has it ever been serviced?

I thought not.

The problem is obvious, mains failure, alarm sounds = standby battery is flat/dead or what ever you like to call it.

You don't need a new panel.

Pardon my ignorance: how does the failure/undervolt of the standby battery cause the control panel to stop working? Don't get me wrong, sounds like great news, since ordering and changing a lead acid battery is a doddle compared to any of my other options, but this is confusing for the uninitiated. I'm thinking you're talking about the battery that keeps everything running when the mains cuts out. If you are, judging by what I've learned from other answers, it must be dead, as my alarm goes off nearly instantaneously when there's a power cut.

p.s. You are correct in your assumption that I have never had my alarm serviced. I would just as soon not have it at all.

p.s. You are correct in your assumption that I have never had my alarm serviced. I would just as soon not have it at all.
1. The primary cause of your problem

2. Remove it then.

Sponsored Links
Fixing is simpler than removing and still retains a feature that others might want. Removing is not an option.

Make up your mind.

Your first post answers your question

Your second post says "I would just as soon not have it at all"

Your third post says "Removing is not an option."

How is anyone supposed to answer any of that?

Euro,
My car has massive huhge pimp alloys on it that were there when I bought the car. They cost me more on my insurance, show up damage like nothing else, and the tires cost a lot to replace. I didn't choose them, but I chose the car that they were on because the benefits outweighed this. Just because I'd just as soon have not had them doesn't mean I'm going to take them off and throw them away.
Consider it to be the same with my alarm.
Now I don't know whether I've offended you somehow (and I apologise if that's the case), but I have some real, genuine, and (for the uninitiated) important questions that I'd appreciate some answers to. If you, or indeed anybody, would be so kind, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
omannay

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back