No Hot water from bath shower, all other sinks are fine.

pau

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently put a new shower tap in my bath, it was working fine for a week and all of a sudden there was no hot water. The water still come through but it is warm and on verge of being cold. I then checked all other taps around the house including heaters and everything seems to be fine. Heating is ok and all other taps i still have boiling hot water coming through.

I use a heatline c28 combi boiler.

Im not to sure what the problem may be, is there something wrong with the boiler? is the tap faulty or something totally different?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Ricky

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Sorry to be a pain, also one thing i forgot to mention, the bar on the boiler when you turn the sink tap on goes onto 50, when you turn the mixer tap in the bath, it drops to 40 and then suddenly switches off. The gas fire still remains on but still no hot water.

When you say shower tap fitted to the bath, are you saying you installed a new bath mixer tap with a shower attachment, or an independent shower valve? Don't suspect the boiler at this stage.

Sponsored Links
Seems to be your bath taps have been used to an old gravity feed system with 22mm pipe work. Therefore when you turn on your hot water tap in the bath it is giving a greater flowrate than the boiler output is rated for. Try turning down the flow on the bath and you might see some improvement.

what is the flow rate? try letting the flow out slower and se eif the hot water temperature rises

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back