advice on a quality 240v Circular Saw needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im in need of a new circular saw but im unsure of what to get ,il be using it for mdf sheets ,worktops,etc,i was looking at a Bosch GKS 190 190mm Circular Saw for around £115.00 ,budget wise around £120. max ,ive also seen some dewalt and makita for around the £60-£70 mark but im unsure on there quality,any advise welcomed ..plz

Sponsored Links
I have a makita 6704 and it's hard to fault. very robust and accurate. It and it's 110V counterpart is probably the most common saw i have seen on sites.

That said i am a big fan of bosch blue too, but don't have the afroe mention saw so can't comment directly on that.

Sponsored Links
pay the extra and get the bosch blue as its full trade use and will last much longer

just found the bosch with 2 spare blades for £120 delivered,so its looking like thats going to be the one .

just found the bosch with 2 spare blades for £120 delivered,so its looking like thats going to be the one .

just had my order cancelled :evil: ,out of stock.so i was just about to order elsewhere for around the same price,but i came across the AEG KS66 which comes with a 3 year warranty when registered...any thoughts on this model ,similar spec ,i know they used to be good quality

I've got the AEG. It feels like a quality bit of kit to me. I'm just an occasional DIYer so I think it will outlast me.

My cordless Bosch started playing up with the blade height adjustment lever loosening up, blade would go in deeper half way through a cut :evil:

Eventually it failed altogether and broke off. I now have to fix a g-clamp to the body to set blade depth. :confused:

I also find the blade guard return spring has lost it oomph and the cover doesn't snap back as it should.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back