YALE 6300 Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited out my sarcasm about pseudo blue beacons and replaced it with an explanation about how PIR normally detect motion.

Sponsored Links
It's not sited correctly, think about what I said, positioning is crucial.

Walk across, NOT towards, and get the angle down correct, don't point it at the ceiling.

Don't point the pir at the ceiling??

How patronising.

If the pir is sited on a wall between 1.75 and 2.3metres as per the instructions then it is set up correctly as the device is made to point down at the correct angle when flat against the wall.

It isn't one of these 'professional jobbies on a stalk that can end up pointing anywhere like on a neighbours house where the pro installer had pointed it at the floor meaning it only had a detection field of around 1m from its bracket point.

A typical answer from someone not qualified to fit the above mentioned devices.
For a "chancer" you sure talk well.
Can you ( sorry to borrow this) Walk the talk?
Doubt it very much.
You take advantage of people saving money. That is all. Bet you have your business card on the board as you walk out of B & Q.
Your cheap, you talk cheap and fit cheap. God knows how many you have conned.
If you wish to reply, by all means do. A court would be a good place to start with.
Your fitting of basic poop, against mine with a guarrantee.

Of course when I have had my YALE smartalarm training I will then join Nacoss and have my two inspected installations and become an approved installer.
Nacoss? who's that then?
Actually not quite so straightforward as you suggest.

Unless your situation has changed recently, you will not get accepted.
Do you now have a team of engineers?
If not, have you a signed agreement from from a current Silver/Gold company that confirms they will partner with you?
- Note that you have more chance of sighting a DoDo than finding an accredited company that will put their name to diy kit.
How much extra do you think it will cost to become approved?
EG, you once commented on your 'business insurance'. The one you had/have, is non compliant. Prepare yourself for a shock if you enquire as to the cost of the correct cover.

Are you prepared to increase your install/system costs to cover the increased cost of approval - and the subsequent loss of customers from the tightwads end of the market?

The list goes on.
Also, interestingly, how are you going to explain your previous comments, accusations and allegations about accredited companies if you become one?

If I can stop laughing, I`ll endorce your comments to the hilt.

:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry cannot stop, but your so correct.

:D:D:D:D:D

Sponsored Links
Europlex / Alarm

i fully agree with you.

as a registered and approved installer, we cannot, and will not, fit DIY kit, i would never fit a Yale or any of the other DIY alarm?? equipment to any of my sites.

could you imagine trying to justify the system to an insurance company?

could you also imagine fitting a Dualcom or even a digi to a Yale?

cheap and nasty tat that is all it is, so it makes a noise, so what, would you pay any attention to it, i know i would not.

but a conventional siren/strobe unit fitted properly to a property, then i would pay attention, (but then i and yourselves know what we are looking at don't we).

well this is about all i have to say about Yale and its followers,
going back to my works list for the week ahead,

documents to be filled in, proposal forms to be filed and posted, certificates to be signed off, you know the score (as an engineer that is) Yale proposal form?? you are having a giraffe!!

Oasis

alumni,

don't you also have to have been trading and installing to the standards for 2 years before being able to apply, or has that changed?

Europlex

alumni,

don't you also have to have been trading and installing to the standards for 2 years before being able to apply, or has that changed?

Europlex
Indeed you do.

However, there is also this little issue:

2.20 Do-It-Yourself Kits
CRITERION
A company supplying D-I-Y security systems or equipment shall not in any way associate itself with the installation or maintenance of such systems or equipment and it shall not make any reference to Systems Silver in relation to such systems or equipment.

On that basis, NONE of the existing installed systems can be included - or further maintained.

A typical answer from someone not qualified to fit the above mentioned devices.
For a "chancer" you sure talk well.
Can you ( sorry to borrow this) Walk the talk?
Doubt it very much.
You take advantage of people saving money. That is all. Bet you have your business card on the board as you walk out of B & Q.
Your cheap, you talk cheap and fit cheap. God knows how many you have conned.
If you wish to reply, by all means do. A court would be a good place to start with.
Your fitting of basic poop, against mine with a guarrantee.

Alarm you are really quite a nasty person.

You talk about going to court and acuse me of conning people.
A libel court would be a good place to start with you as the defendent you witless clown.

I also install with a guarantee but get this and I sincerely hope this sinks in.
I do not claim to install insurance approved alarms.
I fit alarms people ask me to KNOWING they aren't insurance approved or graded.
They ask me to do it because they do not want to do it themselves.
They know exactly the product they are getting and exactly what they will be paying for it.
No hidden extras like premium rate phone calls or expensive contracts.
I am providing a service in just the same way as ikea would make up your flat pack for you or some bloke would mow your lawn or cut down some trees.
People know what they are getting and are happy to pay.
Just because what I am doing involves fitting alarms made by yale instead of perhaps installing a new digital arial or setting up a wifi router does not give you as a professional alarm installer any right to comment on what I do because it is totally irrelevant and different to the services you provide.
If someone buys an ikea flat pack and has it delivered and made up do you really suspect that bespoke cabinet makers around the country are going to make fools of themselves by acting hysterically on forums around the country just because someone buys flatpack instead of getting a 'proper' wardrobe made to measure at three times the price?

Get over yourself

You are looking spiteful petty and stupid.

Not only that I answer these threads to help people because I have the answers to their questions whereas you just blunder and and cry all over the place about the business you should be getting for yourself...pitifull.

alumni,

Europlex
Indeed you do.

2.20 Do-It-Yourself Kits
CRITERION
A company supplying D-I-Y security systems or equipment shall not in any way associate itself with the installation or maintenance of such systems or equipment and it shall not make any reference to Systems Silver in relation to such systems or equipment.

On that basis, NONE of the existing installed systems can be included - or further maintained.

Of course I know all these regs you just assume I do not.

alumni,

Europlex
Indeed you do.

2.20 Do-It-Yourself Kits
CRITERION

Of course I know all these regs you just assume I do not.
It would seem you actually don't.

I haven't mentioned or quoted any regs. Can you tell me where and which Reg the above sectioned came from?

Yale mumpty, you show no idea of the regulations needed to run a company which runs its ISO and policy to conform to BS and EN standards.

That, the above was written so even a fool like you could understand.

Your purile commentts previous were and are held in contempt.
How dare a person make accusations about people whom fit not only alarms but also CCTV Fire detection and other systems.
Your lack of knowledge in any of the above is totally lacking

I hope you have not seen loss of life with your poor attitude, I can say and confirm I have saved lives.

Your comments are poor, very poor.
I suggest you give experts your customer list. That way that might live longer!

Yale mumpty, you show no idea of the regulations needed to run a company which runs its ISO and policy to conform to BS and EN standards.

That, the above was written so even a fool like you could understand.

Your purile commentts previous were and are held in contempt.
How dare a person make accusations about people whom fit not only alarms but also CCTV Fire detection and other systems.
Your lack of knowledge in any of the above is totally lacking

I hope you have not seen loss of life with your poor attitude, I can say and confirm I have saved lives.

Your comments are poor, very poor.
I suggest you give experts your customer list. That way that might live longer!

Oh crap I have just realised the triple A batteries in the pir sensors might give someone an electric shock , how stupid of me. Better call the authorities in...NOT!.
I don't give two craps what you think ALARM as you patently don't give a crap what I think.
Yet again you have totally ignored what I have been saying and have again gone on another TOTALLY IRRELEVANT LOONY RANT about regulations and standards THAT DO NOT CONCERN WHAT I HAVE DONE!

I am not even ATTEMPTING TO COMPLY nor could I if I even wanted to.

Your continued hysterical assertions are irrelevant and misplaced.

Try making them to someone who even gives a smelly brown lump what you think.

I have absolutely NOTHING against people going about their business fitting and supplying alarms to the correct standards.
More power to their elbow.

I do have less fond feelings for people who draw people into having alarms systems where the running costs are hidden in the fine print and contracts . . would that be you?

These experts you mention are they the same ones who barge into threads without the knowledge to answer the original posters question?

We are dealing here with grade 1 alarm systems!!!!

Where is all this hysteria about loss of lives coming from?????

Someone enters a property , you get a noise , end of story . . . not rocket science. . . please please calm down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back