how to join polycarbonate sheets?!?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've started a project of making greenhouse but being an amateur in DIY, I was looking for help on how to join the sheets together? Glue is not an option but is there some sort of "fitting strips" a bit like laminate flooring?
if so please let me know!
thank you

Sponsored Links
You usually buy galzing bars for twinwall polycarbonate. How thick is the poly and where exactly are you doing the joins?

Sponsored Links
Instead of a thick glazing bar you could use plastic H-section running a bead of glazing silicone along the section before you slide the poly into it. Proper glazing bars are better though.

White%20Joint%20H%20Section.jpg

you will need intermediate support for the poly without proper bars at at least 2 points along the 2.5m length and maybe only 1 with proper bars but you need to consult the manufacturers requirements and off course the good advice from people here :D

You need to make sure you use a silicone that is suitable for use with Polycarbonate, not all are.
There is a product called fixall, which will stick and seal if you choose to go with the cheaper H section rather than a proper glazing bar.

You need to make sure you use a silicone that is suitable for use with Polycarbonate, not all are.
There is a product called fixall, which will stick and seal if you choose to go with the cheaper H section rather than a proper glazing bar.

Our Ford transit bumper is stuck on with fixall. It's blimmin' marvellous aint it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back