Please recommend a quality, flexible, paintable caulk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

Can anyone please recommend a quality, flexible, paintable caulk please.

I would like to purchase an item over the web if possible.

Cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
I used dow corning's painters mate for years but it kept cracking- I now use the everbuild 125 from toolstation.co.uk, about 92p per tube.

its even cheaper than their own brand!!!

Good stuff and stoopidly cheap... priced at more than double in most places

If you need a very flexible filler then look at the silcone free Sika Flex- about £5 and difficult to smooth

Think I've tried just about all makes of caulk and I too and now using Everbuild 125. Overpaintable in one hour but still needs a coat of oil based undercoat if using matt emulsion on top of it otherwise you still get very fine hairline cracks .Great price though .[/list]

Sponsored Links
EverBuild is good. Their Everflex 195 is the most flexible which gives 12.5% flexibility. Siroflex Contractors caulk is good as well.

Both available at under £2 per tube (380ml trade size) online but much cheaper if bought in bulk.

The rest are much of a muchness really.

i also agree the everbuild 125 is great product.other alternatives are dulux ,fat hog(johnstones),no nonsense etc.caulk comes in different consistancies.fat hog,no nonsense seem rather soft and loose,although easy to spread can be messy in the wrong hands and not very good for larger gaps.dulux is better but everbuild is better for larger gaps.personal choice really

Think I've tried just about all makes of caulk and I too and now using Everbuild 125. Overpaintable in one hour but still needs a coat of oil based undercoat if using matt emulsion on top of it otherwise you still get very fine hairline cracks .Great price though .[/list]

When I talked about the Down Corning cracking- I meant even before it is painted!!!! It went from being good to utter crap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back