keston c36 combi boiler no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, wondering if anyone could help.

Had someone come out and they couldnt find a fault but the guy seemed like he wasnt really sure.

Not been getting any hot water for a week now and it is not the overheat error that we have had in the past. No error as such just nothing happens.

No green light when the hot water is running so it seems like it cannot work out we are trying to use the hot water. The current readings on the boiler are as follows:

4 - Hot water temp - 20
5 - Boiler Pressure - 1.6
8 - Flow rate - 000

Thank you all in advance! :)

Sponsored Links
Faulty hot Water Thermistor? - the Keston has no flow switch the demand for Hot Water is activated by the Hot water thermistor - cheap enough part that would be most likely to be causing the fault - sorry to hear that you own a keston though!! ;)

apparently its quite common for the ignition pcb to cause this fault, i dont know how though ! But well...its a Keston so anything is possible. tbh your best money would be cutting your losses and throwing it in a skip or putting it on a service contract with BG.

Diverter valves go too.
Look at D8 to see if it thinks the tap's running!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses! I know, the boiler given nothing but problems since we have had it! been two and a half years and it must be 6th major problem. It is very frustrating! How much are the servicing contracts at bg these days? how would i find out if it is the thermistor or ignition pb?

Also what do you mean by d8?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back