Extractor fan fitting (kitchen)

G

gcltd

Hi, I'm about to install a kitchen extractor fan and I have noticed it has a plug on it.
Do I have to install a socket for this or can I connect this to a Fused connection unit? I have an unused one next to the extractor fan and I planned to connect the fan cable to this?

Is this ok to and what would I used to connect the fan cable to the FCU cable?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do I have to install a socket for this or can I connect this to a Fused connection unit?

Either

Is this ok to and what would I used to connect the fan cable to the FCU cable?

Thanks

FCU cable? I don't understand.
The FCU has terminals inside it marked "LOAD". You connect to those.
Make sure the FCU has a fuse in it of the correct size as detailed in the extract fan instructions. (3amp is usual).

Hi, when I say FCU cable I mean the the cables that are chased in to the wall that I can see in the loft when I'm above the kitchen (Bungalow).
I'd planned to cut off the plug and join the cable to the cable coming up from the FCU. Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Just to clarify.

This FCU is unused and there are no connections to the LOAD terminals, correct?

The cables that are chased into the wall. On what terminals do they connect to the FCU? Do they connect to the SUPPLY terminals?
If so you cannot connect the fan to those cables.

The fan must go to the LOAD terminals in the FCU.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back