Bosch W/M WFX3267GB/10 Motor pulsates but does not turn.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would someone please asist. I have read most of the information that has been provided with regard to brushes and have removed the motor, inspected the brushes they are making contact OK but show signs of scratch lines. I have also checked the commutator and have cleaned with flour paper. With an AVO ohms check confirms contiuity and provided milivolts by spinning the shaft.
The problem is the same, on spin selection the motor tries to turn, I have assisted this by spinning the flywheel it starts to rotate then stops.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What is flour paper?
Have you checked there is enough brush length & that the brushes are not sticking in their holders? If yes then sounds like you have a bad motor or your pcb is history. Whatever the fault you ought to be seeing an "Fxx" error code in the display.

Hi Zipper thanks for you reply. Flour paper is used on commutaters to bed in the brushes on aircraft electrical components it is a very fine wet or dry paper.
The brushes are approx 25mm and loose in the housing. No error message is in the display.
I have done further checks on the motor, the resistance reading across the brushes is 1.25 ohms which changes to 2.5 ohms with a 90 deg.turn of the armature. So strongly suspect the motor.
Thanks.

Reading resistance across the brushes while rotating the armature will give you varying readings, it isn't a reliable method of testing for shorts. Only way to be sure the armature is good is to use a prufex tester or perform a bar to bar drop-test. It sounds like you have an electrical background...if you have access to a variable AC supply you could bench test the motor & load it a little to see how it behaves. Motors & pcb's are expensive, changing the motor only to find out it was a pcb fault all along would sure spoil my day.

Sponsored Links
You are correct I was trained as an aircraft electrician now retired, so no longer have the workshop equipment that you suggest.
I have taken the motor to a local appliance shop Keymex so hope that they will be able to confirm the defect, but doubt if they will have the necessary equipment, they will probably try to sell me a new machine.
I will keep you posted.
I did select spin for a very short spell with the belt removed, the motor started OK so it appears that the load causes the problem.The drum rotates freely so do not suspect the bearings.

To complete the saga Keymex were unable to bench check the motor so decided to purchase a new motor from Bosch Service GB total price paid
£133.52 Machine now works a treat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back