Brand New Boiler. Overflow pipe constantly gushing water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a new boiler installed. This new boiler has what I gather is an overflow pipe installed. See attached pic that I found online. http://www.dundeewharf.com/boiler/boiler2.jpg
The problem is that every few hours it starts to gush with hot water and it's very noisy. This problem is combined with the fact that the cold water feed pipe is extremely cold and causing extreme condensation to form around the pipe causing heavy dripping.

Can anybody shed any light on what the problem is? Many thanks[/img]

Sponsored Links
Check the filling loop - if it's not turned off fully it's adding water and the overpressure valve is dumping it. See pressure guage, should be in the green.

If the filling loop is turned off, then it's probably faulty. Call the installers and describe the symptoms.

Just checking out the JAB sticker on the MegaFLo, are they any relation to the 'other J. Bunyans's'?.

(Just Goggle John Bunyan) Cos' they were itinerant tinkers, could be they are still 'at it'?

There are many possible reasons it is dripping/gushing, to be serious, please ensure that any operative working on it can produce evidence of competence, i.e a 'G3' registration card. (this is all detailed in the booklet that came with your replacement 'boiler' and which of course has had the appliance registration details completed and left in a prominent place for you to read)

DH

Is this the actual picture of your appliance?

If so I don't see a domestic expansion vessal fitted, unless I'm mistaken and its inside the megaflo itself. It should be fitted on the incoming main after the pressure reducing valve, by the looks of it there is a point on the pressure relief valve fitting at the top of the cylinder designed for the expansion vessal.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Jason, relax.

It is a MegaFlo, complete with internal expansion space. No need for any external expansion vessel whatsoever.

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back