Sky links in different rooms?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking for some help?

I have installed a NIKKAI A80HT 4 ROOM DIGITAL TV DISTRIBUTION KIT around the house, I have got a superb picture on all connected TV's and I have power coming to all the remote links as the red LED lights are on on all the units, the issue I have is none of them work?

I have SKY+ and have checked the RF OUTPUT is on and it is (would not get power to LED's if not i would guess?)
The RF Channel Number is on default setting 68 (I do not know anything about this so have not changed it).

I have three link receivers connected and none of them will do anything when the remote is activated in front of them? I am not technically minded and really need some good advice to get these things working, as far as I can see there is no help line or web page for this product?

Thanks in advance for any info or gen that will help me!

Crazy Fodder

Sponsored Links
Isn't Nikkai a Maplin brand. Have you tried talking to the people who took your money?

Hi Chris

have been in the shop and a 18 year old kid did not have any more of an idea than me?

He did give me the number of the store manager but said if I was to bring it back did not know where I would stand as I have used all the cable that came with the unit. Not too worried about this as I think I would get my money back or replacement, can be quite persuasive if needed.

Just hoping there was an easy fix that I could do as my lack of tech knowledge a pain. Happy that I got as much done as I have but need the thing to do what it says on the box!

If no easy option then will have to return it and try something else.

Thanks for the time in answering, but if anyone has any ideas they would be gratefully received........................................

If you're getting TV pictures on the other sets then it sounds like you've hooked it all up right... but it's worth double checking

• The Sky box RF2 socket is connected to the IN UHF socket on the grey amplifier

Check the aerial plug connections you made. Make sure no loose stands of the copper shielding are touching the inner solid core

You're using the same Sky remote control that works the box in the living room....

....and you've pressed the Sky button so that the remote is talking to the Sky box rather than trying to control the TV

The bedroom/remote TV is tuned to a channel that lets you see the Sky box signal. If you aren't sure then put the Sky box on to TV Guide and make sure you can see this on the remote TV

If your system still isn't working at his point then the next step is to try each part individually to isolate if there's a faulty bit.

Sponsored Links
The bedroom/remote TV is tuned to a channel that lets you see the Sky box signal. If you aren't sure then put the Sky box on to TV Guide and make sure you can see this on the remote TV

Good point Chris.

If the TV's in rest of house are not on a channel tuned to receive Sky, then they will obviously not work.

Does the main TV, where the sky box is, change channels when you use the remote in the other rooms? If so, then the sensors are working so the problem lies between the sensors and their respective TV's.

Thanks for all your help and advice!

Returned the unit to Maplins and it still did not do the job?

Found that the input signal carrying lead connection was faulty, the actual plug was bad!

All working now and thank you very much for your time and advice.

Mark ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back