Monobloc tap tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in process of refitting my kitchen sink. The tap tails that have come with the sink (rigid not flexible) sit so close together there is no way I can use compression joints as hoped (no roome for the nut). I can't seem to replace the tails with flexibles as no-where has the right diameter and thread on the tap end (Abode tap). Does this mean using yorkshire fittings is my only hope ? (and then how do you protect the kitchen unit from the gas torch?) I'd hate to burn my nice new kitchen cabinet! :oops:

Sponsored Links
Can you not cut the tails down a bit and then fit a flexi (Compression both ends) :?: :D

I assume these are the standard tails i.e 8mm x 300mm length ? ensure they are firmly screwed into bottom of tap block and then simply bend them apart until you have enough room to affix joints. Its also easier if you cut one of the tails back so that the joints are not side by side but one above the other. Best bet (depending on your situation and arrangement of other plumbing) is also to put flexible tails on them that have 15mm connectors on other end.

p2801321_x.jpg

and a couple of straight pushfits

Sponsored Links
Your the man Kev. Just done another set of static compressions; argh, although I've used pushfits before, haven't seen this one. Will save hours with both 1st and 2nd fix in future (if I can find them).

Got ya, thanks. Just been there and found an even better flexi tail (must be new as didn't see it before). Its the same as your pic except on the 10mm end it has a male thread for screwing directly into the tap block and doing away with the fixed tails supplied, and less than £2 a pair.

Cheers for all your advice - think I'm gonna try one of those fancy flexibles and if that does not work bend out the tails as suggested! Heres to having water back on !!

27936 FLEXIBLE TAP TAILS 10MM X 15MM PR 1 PAIR
£1.89
10 PAIR
£17.90
91351 FLEXIBLE TAP TAILS 12MM X 15MM PR 1 PAIR
£1.99
10 PAIR
£18.90

Oi think he means these. Also at bes.ltd.uk item eg 16282
16282.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back