Wood burning stove with back boiler open vented link up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I currently have a wood burning stove with a back boiler which supplies heating only on an open vented system.

I have been given a de detrich oil system boiler which runs on a pressurised system.

Is there a way to link the two?

I've looked up netrilizers but they seem to be for use with two or more of the same type boiler/heat source.

The other thing I'm not sure of is can I convert the oil boiler to a heat only open vented boiler by removing the pressure vessel ect, all which are external to the boiler. Or am I missing something?

Cheers [/b]

Sponsored Links
Use a thermal store. The oil boiler or the wood burning stove can heat it. Then pipe the central heating from the store.

Thanks dcawkwell,

That's the route I've been looking at, any you have had experience with?

Do they recover well?

Thanks dcawkwell,

That's the route I've been looking at, any you have had experience with?

Do they recover well?
Personnally I wouldn't bother with the wood.
You'll soon get bored with stacking it. Lighting it. The mess. The mess.
Lighting it again. No useful heat for an hour.
Get yourself a nice gas fire.
Incidently I would go with air source heating rather than oil.
Perhaps if you want to go eco heat a thermal store with that and solar hot water panel.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I currently have a wood burning stove with a back boiler which supplies heating only on an open vented system.

I have been given a de detrich oil system boiler which runs on a pressurised system.

Is there a way to link the two?

I've looked up netrilizers but they seem to be for use with two or more of the same type boiler/heat source.

The other thing I'm not sure of is can I convert the oil boiler to a heat only open vented boiler by removing the pressure vessel ect, all which are external to the boiler. Or am I missing something?

Cheers [/b]

I think Telly Tony Agile will agree with me here? Some of the stuff you come across in France is well dodgy. Can you post up a sketch of your existing wood stove system(pipes etc), just to confirm if it's safe. With that I'll give you details of a 'link-up' system to incorperate your oil boiler.
HTH

You would need the manufacturers to advise if it can be used on an open vented system.

Most English living in France are retired and have all day long to spend cutting wood and stoking fires.

I have not seen enough boilers in France to decide if the standard is generally bad. One oil boiler that I saw was CF with no air supply vent which puts it as dangerous.

Its the unventeds which I see there as the most dangerous as they just connect them to the mains with no controls or safety deviced.

Tony

I thought I'd left my ARGI tshirt at your cottage in France Tony!! Please let me know when the next 'swingers' party is. What a night we had at the last one eh!!!! My missus couldn't sit down for days............ ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back