two cables one tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i have 2 cable connections and 1 tv. i can watch them one by one by plug in 1 coxial cable to rf and then plug out the 1st one and plug in the 2nd one. i want to watch them both at a time by connecting the cables. is it possible? and these cables are directly connected to tv. there are no receivers or boxes are required.so help pls

Sponsored Links
yes, but it doesn't work because of frequency conflict.

If you live in Pakistan - as the sig suggests - then you'd be better off asking in a forum that deals with your home country....

Although the channels are delivered by a similar mix of terrestrial, satellite and cable as the UK, you really need to ask someone with knowledge of Pakistani TV hardware.

Sponsored Links
yes, but it doesn't work because of frequency conflict.
You have already answered your own question.
The two cable feeds cannot be combined.
You will need a 2-way changeover switch.
Frank

i think u r rite Frank. the only solution is changeover. And thank you every1.....

Another possible soloution would be to take one feed to a VCR (or other device with a tuner in it) and the other to the TV. Then connect the VCR to the TV with scart. That way you could watch one feed using the tuner in the TV and the other using the tuner in the VCR.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back