underfloor heating controls

gle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me how to allow my underfloor heating stat to fire my boiler.I have a 24v Broag heating boiler which is controlled by a switched live from my Honeywell y plan system.I connected another switched live from my conservatory ufh stat and the rcd protecting the boiler tripped out.I have rechecked my wiring and controls,all ok.The manual schematics do not cover this situation.

Sponsored Links
crystal ball is at the polishers ;) so what does the 3 port control ? what voltage are your ufh controls, have you fitted another 2 port for the ufh. does your ufh have its own pump and manifold ? ect.

Hi,honeywell mid position valve supplies dhw and rads,ufh is run off a manifold comprising,manual mixing valve,pump.Stat in conservatory is 240v and controls pump.I have a 2port zone valve to be fitted to manifold next to pump.rcd works ok with existing y plan system and ufh system works ok with rcd.When switched on together,rcd tripps.i suspect that the y plan will not work regardless of however i wire it.do you think i should fit 3 2 port zone valves on the rads,ufh,and dhw.Thanks for your help,Garry

Clearly it IS something you have or have not done!
You will find difficulty operating a UFH circuit in conjunction with Y Plan you should consider changing to S Plan - (2 port Valves) ;)

Sponsored Links
its possible to run ufh with the system using a three port valve but its not the easiest thing to wire up as you need a blocker 2 port valve, if your doing the installation yourself its easier to use 2 port valves, it simplifies the wiring.

• Thanks
Reactions: gle
Hi,Pisasso,please can you explain what a 2 port blocker is,thanks Gle

View media item 30852
the 2 port valve under the 3 port is known as a blocker valve, its to stop unwanted circulation as you cant close both ports on the 3 port at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back