Help Needed Securit 800L Alarm system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

This week something strange has happened to our house alarm, until this happened the system has been functioning absolutely fine.

When entering the house, a loud tone was heard until the input of the code, now when you enter, the loud tone noise has almost disappeared to a very quiet tone?

I have armed the system and then tried to set the alarm off but no external siren or internal sirens go off?

I have carried out the sounder test from the user manual, i get all panel lights but then NO internal or external sirens?

There are no lights staying on everything seems to be functioning fine but it obviously isn't.

I have opened the alarm unit and checked the volume screw is fully adjuted on the PCB...

Any advice or ideas welcomed

Regards in advance

Midsfella

Sponsored Links
Hate the panel.
Sounds like its fried.
Possibly a duff battery causing this.
Cheapest option is to buy a new one and replace.
7amp Hour is whats needed. (12 VDC)
If it still happens time to buy a new panel.

I STRESS MAINS VOLTAGES ARE PRESENT, AND CAN KILL.
So if your unsure get a quote from a registered company.
Either SSAiB or Nacoss.

http://www.castlealarms.co.uk/Downloads/Securit_800L User_Manual.pdf

That link is to a user manual.
I think your pcb had died.
Time for a new panel.

Thanks for reply, i have the user manual and the installation manual and have followed there very minor trouble shooting guide.

I am not a alarm fitter but an auto electrician and so understand all the info.

I was thinking along the same lines as a possible PCB issue, but would prefer something more concrete before replacing this expensive component.

Pull the batt off, check the supply.
If its not at least 13vdc, its the panel or a componet.
Either way its cheaper to buy a new one.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to post again, but.
Mains voltage is there, do not work unless isolating.
It can kill.

Thanks for your replies alarm, very much appreciated. I will check the battery with a meter and take it from there.

Do you know if a new board is available or is a new alarm box?

Never used the panel.
Worked on them,hence the hatered of them :D
For the cost a new one is better.
Texecom Veritas are not too bad.
Cooper Menvier/Scantronic are also good.
Expect to pay £45.00 upwards. Veritas being the cheaper.

My personal preffrence is Galaxy, but they will not sell. Sorry my error, give cuctomer support to end users. Only trained engineers.
Hope this helps.

I have tested the battery 13.9v dc = ok

I have tested all the fuses = ok

Over the weekend i powered down the whole system, at no point did the external siren sound nor did the internal bell, just a very low pitched noise?

All the lights on the keypad show TPR and zone trigger when this has happened but no bell?

I think it's looking more likely to be a panel fault.

Regards

Midsfella

Hi Guys,

Following on from my previous conversation...

Just an update and again looking to pick your brains, i have now replaced the alarm box complete and the key pad, using the existing wiring which was installed when the house / alarm was fitted/ built, again the system seems to be working and functioning correctly but there is still no internal siren or outside bell when triggered.

I have had an electrician check the sytem out who also suspected the fault to be inside the panel.......

Confused.com

When exiting the house the alarm is almost silent, again when entering its the same. If i get the alarm to trigger neither siren or bell actuate?

Is there a battery inside the bell? The bell lights up green and is visible on an evening....

Any ideas?

Regards

Midsfella

Have you actually tested the outside sounder to see if it works?

From what I have read, I'd say that you haven't.

Is there a battery, there should be, no way of knowing without having a look inside, (if it does not sound with power removed that is).

Why not send a signal manually to the sounder, that'll help you to decide whether it is/will work or not?

Have you checked the cable between the panel and sounder for damage?

I have tried the bell test from the key pad and no it doesnt sound? nor does the internal siren? when you say manually, do you mean from the inside the panel?

The problem i have with checking the wiring is, the alarm system was installed when the house was built and so no visible cables, unfortunately its all been covered with plaster.

The alarm was working absolutely fine, and one evening when i came home i thought the system had been switched off, it was still on, but the entrance chime was so quiet it can be hardly heard, the alarm showed a zone 1 fault (front door from my entrance) but neither the internal siren or the external bell sounded..... No diy has been carried out that would have an effect on the system.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back