Connecting cistern to pan

PTM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a problem connecting a cistern to the pan. The 'doughnut' supplied when installed the way the manufacturer suggests (sitting it on the pan) seems to raise the cistern from the pan by around 15mm, which does not look right.

View media item 32093 View media item 32094
However if you connect this doughnut to the cistern, and then sit on the pan it fits much better. But will the seal still function correctly?

View media item 32095View media item 32096
Any thoughts on this please, or if someone could tell me how to connect it correctly that would be great!![/img]

Sponsored Links
the do-nut must go how you had it first fitted the nut sits in the recess.
it will pull down once you tighten the two wing nuts.
don't fit the do-nut then the flush valve nut, the flush valve nut/seal must fit tight against the cistern.

how are your cistern wing nut bolts fitted through the bottom of the cistern or to a close couple plate ?

Thanks for the reply.

I just sit the flush valve nut on the do-nut then, and it will pull down. It really seems like it will not fit, but I will give it a go!! The ribs on the flush valve nut seem like they will deform the do-nut.

View media item 32098

The nuts are through the cistern into the pan. No plate.
View media item 32097
Also do you have any experience of this dual flush and inlet mechanism?

View media item 32099
It looks very flimsy, and I was wondering if I should get a different one, before installing it?

Thanks for the reply.
I just sit the flush valve nut on the do-nut then, and it will pull down. It really seems like it will not fit, but I will give it a go!! The ribs on the flush valve nut seem like they will deform the do-nut.
thats right. its only to stop the splashing coming back upwards when the water drops into the entrance to the pan.

The nuts are through the cistern into the pan. No plate.
is that all the components for the bolts ?
one set of nuts.

Also do you have any experience of this dual flush and inlet mechanism?
don't reconise that one but alot now are imports on the cheeper wc's

It looks very flimsy, and I was wondering if I should get a different one, before installing it?

it'll work it's just when you need parts they are a pain to get if they are cheep imports

Sponsored Links
is that all the components for the bolts ?
Yes that's it! Bolt, plastic washer and a plastic nut.

You get what you pay for I guess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back