Which Wireless Alarm HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am wanting to purhase a wireless alarm system for our 3 bed house including detached garage and possible alarm a log cabin. Can anyone suggest a really good system, not too bothered over cost, would rather have someting that is reliable. Also any installers / suppliers in the Selby, Pontefract, Casteford, Goole, Doncaster area

Many Thanks
Ian

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Wireless because of the outhouses so to speak is my suggestion.

Visonic is good, but range is 100 mtrs at best. Although I love the kit.
With possible distance issues you would have to mount the panel nearer to the wall against the out buildings.

Otherwise use Texecom Ricochet. It piggybacks onto the detectors. You may lose some battery life on the detectors nearer the panel because they will be the buisiest reporting.

So distance is the only issue I can see.

As for local companies search NSI (NACOSS) or SSAIB websites for local installers.

Just remembered a job a few years back. Similar situation. Used a Scantronic radio kit and sited the panel high wall to rear of the building and worked a treat.
Although as before I love Visonic, I deternined I would get the distance with Scanny. Also it was for a friend ( not that it matters for quality) whom is a Helicoter pilot and my sons and myself get free check rides!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back