Dodgy Panic Alarm Button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
the cqr are good tbh, got hundreds out there with no problems.

could be a loose connection, caused by the symptoms you described.

Would meter the cable first / check connections before replacing.

can only recommend the elmdene Double Push hud as thats what i fit now

(ELM-PA-G3-SS Double Push PA Stainless Steel)

Thank you for the quick reply Mr Young.
The connections are fine, will test with meter as you've suggested. What sort of resistance should I be getting between terminals ?(its FSL wiring on a 9751 panel 4k7 alarm & 2k2 EOL|).

Does the cqr have microswitch i.e this one

http://www.alarmworld.co.uk/intruder/panic-buttons/cqr-dual-push-panic-button/prod_95.html

Do you have a link where I can source the elmdene PA? Seems they are only available from 'trade only' retailers.
Thanks again, your help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
4K7 across alarm 2K2 across tamper.
Gardiner Security sell over the counter. Try a local branch.

Sorry benny2009, just checked your link again, i thought that was the cqr PA as its looks identical but says its from knight :confused:

maybe it is from cqr but badged up as knight.

Also the elmdene have onboard resistors ;)

let us know how you get on :)

Its situated next to the front door (on wall), can vibration from shutting the door hard be causing it to trigger? Its got leaf type activation.
What do you mean, 'leaf type activation' ?

As sited where you say, remove the cover and tighten the part that slides when pushed.
Might solve your problem.

Sorry benny2009, just checked your link again, i thought that was the cqr PA as its looks identical but says its from knight :confused:

maybe it is from cqr but badged up as knight.

Also the elmdene have onboard resistors ;)

let us know how you get on :)

Hello Mr. Young, I finally got hold of an Elmdene Double push panic button, with the integral key storage compartment. Must say its seems very well made. Also like the onboard Resistors, really handy.
Will give it a try & let you know if its solved the problem in a few days.
Thanks again for your advice :)

Its situated next to the front door (on wall), can vibration from shutting the door hard be causing it to trigger? Its got leaf type activation.
What do you mean, 'leaf type activation' ?

As sited where you say, remove the cover and tighten the part that slides when pushed.
Might solve your problem.
Hello europlex,if you mean leaf type means two metal leafs that touch together, then yes. As you suggested I tried tightening the red plastic pusher but still no luck. I think the problem lies within the leaf mechanism itself. If its too far apart, then it registers tamper even if closed, too close & causes false alarms.
So just decided to replace it. Hopefully the elmdene should do the trick!
regards

yeah the key compartment is good when you can get the flippin thing open :LOL:

And the most common cause of HUD devices triggering is still End User.
Followed about 9 miles away by bad connections. Get the connections correct, the only other issue is fools or cleaners.
Hence the removal of keypad HUD.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back