CAN WE BAN TROLLS i.e MR ALARM from YALE Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some of us have YALE alarms and are more than happy with them.

They do the job required and do not cost a fortune in add on charges .

Everytime someone posts a thread about them ALARM comes in TROLLS the post and it gets LOCKED

Its getting really boring, we have heard EVERYTHING he has to say on the matter at least a dozen times yet it keeps on happening

Some of us are just interested in the Tips and comments

Sponsored Links
Only if you agree to stop talking nonsence in other threads.
Afterall, it is only fair.
You may have noticed I do not bother with any Yale questions because it is
DIY.
Giving out solid advice about general security is now a crime is it?
Not sure why you have just popped up with this one TBH. Generally the thread is locked after your commnets. Suggest you have a little look back.

Yeah, not going to bother with the yale stuff now, not that i did much if any before, but i wont ever now.

Giving out solid advice about general security is now a crime is it?

you say the SAME stuff over and over in every YALE thread its old now

its like you cannot accept that not everyone wants to pay thousands of pounds for an alarm system and is happy with a DIY job that in reality does the same job

Sponsored Links
You may have noticed I do not bother with any Yale questions because it is
DIY.

or because you don't know the answers?

Why answer a posters question anyway its much easier to insult them and accuse them of not valuing their family or children isn't it?

Much easier that than consider some less fortunate posters may live in a high crime area and feel insecure but not have the money for a £600 system and a £300 a year service charge.

I guess you couldn't give two hoots about them anyway as they don't put food on your table.

personally i could comfortably afford an all singing and dancing monitored system but i just dont think the benefits are worth the cost.

I am yet to be convinced by anyone that the effect of an alarm is NOT largely down to its deterrent property and that the response rates to monitored alarms are so slow as to be generally be worthless.

TBH a convincing Bell box on the wall (not a fake obvious one) probably does 90% of the job as a fully fitted alarm.

Where i live the houses go from £450k up to about £800k and i have seen lots of Yale boxes on the walls amongst others

Seems like a bit of an own goal scored here.

not really £200 is a reasonable outlay for the extra 10% benefit that a fitted alarm like the Yale might bring

£600 plus years of £300 pounds charges is not ...simples

I wasn't referring to the Yale toot. It is what it is, diy.
i was referring to the thread and content.

Seems like a bit of an own goal scored here.

Was thinkin the same thing :eek:

Always thought there were a few knobs on here but this one takes the biscuit ffs

Would love to know where they pluck these prices from

I have just had experience of a professionally installed alarm on a property I work from.
The landlord had an alarm company come in and fit a monitored G3 system.
For three days I was getting calls from my staff at 7am as the alarm was going off.
I rang up the alarm company when one morning the caretaker witnessed the alarm going off when a van had merely parked next to the building.

I rang up the engineer and as I went through the panel to check the sensor activating the system was in a room served only by a dual tech pir.
I asked whether the microwave had been adjusted to suit or whether the alarm was being activated because he had left the microwave range too far.
Strength was reset from 25% to 5% and the problem was solved.

Who'd have thought it a professional being advised by an amateur.

Like we believe you.

Rumour has it you have form for these sort of tales.

You've consistently proven you know little about the regs so posting such a tall tale is hardly going to enhance you're reputation.

Err, another own goal there.
A DT REQUIRES BOTH TECHNOLIGIES to trigger.

Again you make yourselves look silly. Stick with the DIY stuff you like and let us fit the ones most often needed for insurance or a responce for someone possibly being attacked.

Look up how and why a DT works.

Also your ideas on the pricing are way off too.
Depends on the grade, the size needed. What if any signaling is required.
So really, you have not got a clue.

And, if one of our systems does fail.
WE wont lose our properties as we carry insurance.

Do you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back