Time Flies

Sponsored Links
Is it a year ago :?:
I only knew WDIK through the interaction on this forum, seemed a good guy. I Liked his sense of humour.
My thoughts are with Him and his family.

Nice one Dex.

He was one of the good guys. A compassionate and caring person.
I wish there were more like him in the world. :(
RIP.

A canny bloke taken in such a tragic way. Terrible for his family. Hope they are doing well.

Sponsored Links
Not only helped me with advice, posted me a bit of kit and would not even accept a refund of the postage.

Yes, I was using a different username at the time.

Another year rolls on by.
(belated) Thoughts to Simon's family.

Dex

Been busy this week. But here's to you and your family Simon.

Dex

Bit of a disappointing response from those who knew WDIK.
:confused:

I'll keep it a private matter in future.

I'm sorry too. But, in my defence, I do think about Simon & Alistair now and then. Not just at that particular time of year but all year round.

I love Ludlow. It's a great little town. It also happens to be where my much-loved Gran was born on 24 December 1903 and lived a large part of her early and later years.

She died in Wythenshawe Hospital. Her ashes are scattered in Southern Cemetery.

I don't have to go to Ludlow, or Southern Cemetery, to feel close to her. I don't always remember her birth or death days and I'm sure she would not be upset by this.

She is always but a moment away. A memory of something that was said, done or written will whisk her back in an instant.

In its own little way, the forum is like a family, or at least, that's how I see it. We know that behind each monitor, behind each keyboard, is another human being. Granted, there are few of us who have met in person, but we all communicate with each other on line about all sorts of topics, agreeing, disagreeing, arguing, bickering and sometimes falling out, some more often and with greater ferocity than others. Just like flesh and blood families do.

And like my flesh and blood family, I don't always (but sometimes do) feel the need to go somewhere (ie post here) to commemorate the loss of a DIYnotter.

But often I will think about them and the family they left behind from day to day.

That is my memorial to them.

Bump. Although I've done this a day early, given that the date of Simon's demise coincides this year with one celebrating those who have given birth, it seemed appropriate.

Sponsored Links
Back