Noisy Power Shower Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

One of my tenants is complaining that he is being woken up by the other house mates power shower pump every morning. His bedroom is right next to the airing cupboard where the pump is stored. I have slightly raised the pump and placed a mat underneath to stop the vibration, also I have built a box over the pump, and then placed insulation over the box. This has reduced the noise but it still does not prevent the tenant from waking up.

I don't think there is anything else I can do. Any idea's would be appreciated?

The other option which seems silly when the pump works perfectly would be to replace with a quieter pump. Is there any decent quiet pumps on the market that are a reasonable price??

Many thanks,

Nicki

Sponsored Links
I have built a box over the pump, and then placed insulation over the box. This has reduced the noise but it still does not prevent the tenant from waking up.

thats something you don't want to be doing unless you want the pump to overheat or fail altogether.

Sponsored Links
I have built a box over the pump, and then placed insulation over the box. This has reduced the noise but it still does not prevent the tenant from waking up.

thats something you don't want to be doing unless you want the pump to overheat or fail altogether.

Im getting a mixed reaction from that. Some people are saying it is fine

1 - salamander don't advice it and won't warranty a pump that has failed due to that.

2 - common sense would tell you not to cover a pump due to it needing air circulation. more so in an airingcupboard next to a hw cylinder.

1 - salamander don't advice it and won't warranty a pump that has failed due to that.

2 - common sense would tell you not to cover a pump due to it needing air circulation. more so in an airingcupboard next to a hw cylinder.

I will leave the box around it, there's plenty of gaps for air circulation. I will take off the insulation

Putting a paving slab under mine helped. Putting a bicycle tyre under the paving slab helped more - until it deflated. But the things are inherantly noisy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back