Replacing shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping that someone can help and offer me a little bit of advice.

I discoved last night that my salemander shower pump has sprung a leak. Have attached a photo (marked 1) of where the leak is to show the exact location as not easy for me to describe (although funny enough there was also a leak from the white plastic casing (marked 2) as well but have tighented that and it has gone). Both leaks are obvioulsy dripping from the bottom.

Anyway, my questions are:

1) Is there anything I can do to look to resolve this ? The black casing (marked 1) doesn’t appear to have any joints for me to look at, just plastic casing.
2) If I buy an indentical replacement pump, same BAR etc, could I fit this myself ? It looks quite straightforward

The pump has been fine since I have lived at the house, approx 3 years, and whilst I have read on-line that there are better makes etc it would obviously be easier for me to buy like for like so the install is straightforward.

Thanks in advance !

Sponsored Links
isolate the feeds to the shower pump and remove the flexi hose maybe be just the rubber seal in the flexi has has failed or the black plastic part has a split around the thread.

looking at the pump it looks like a CT 50.

Excuse my ignorance here, DIY aint my strong point, but by isolate do you mean just turn the screw to close the valve where the water enters the pump ?

I did do that last night and it stopped the water and allowed me to take off the white flexihose and re-attach (tighter). Will have another go tonight and try and look at the black casing (not easy as pretty tight to the floor). Out of interest the pump has two vertical copper pipes attached to it that are left open / unconnected at the top (about 90cm). Is that normal and if so what are they for ??!!

(thanks for help)

but by isolate do you mean just turn the screw to close the valve where the water enters the pump ?

yes you may have isolation screws on the flexis or another type of isolation valve further along the pipe.

Out of interest the pump has two vertical copper pipes attached to it that are left open / unconnected at the top (about 90cm). Is that normal and if so what are they for ??!!
you will have 2 pipes enter the pump from the hot/cold water feeds
and 2 pipes that run to the shower valve.

have you a pic of these 2 pipes not connected.
sounds like your talking about 2 bleed points.

Sponsored Links
I dont have a picture, can take one tonight.

Interesting re the 4 connections. From memory last night I have the one that is leaking, one replica of that the other side which I think is the hot and then the two sprouting out above but not directly connected. Cant be sure so just my memory.

Basic drawing attached - the two grey are what shoot out and are not connected. Will take a proper look tonight.

(expert me !!)

the 2 in the side are inlets the 2 out the top are outlets.
if your running a shower from it they must be connected to something.

Couple of new pictures attached - I notice that there are connections of the two vertical pipes, just half way up.

I also note that this pump does all my water upstairs. When I isolate the pump I cant use the hand basin either !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back