Scantronic 9448 - how to connect a basic bell box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a Scantronic 9448 to replace an old control box. Everything is OK except for the connection of the existing bell box, which is an old simple siren, with only power connections, ie. no strobe or tamper facilities (not ideal, I know, but I don't want to have to rewire a new one).

My question is, how to connect this to the control box. The terminals in the 9448 are as follows:- Strobe, Bell, 12V, 0V, TR, +, LS, O/P, Data, CLK. The internal speaker is connected to the + and LS terminals. I have connected the old bell box to the Bell and 12V, and looped the 0V and TR connections as there is no tamper circuit. Does this sound right? The trouble is, the bell box is not working. All advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
sound like your bell box is kaput

terminations;
+12 v (+ hold off) permanant 12v
0V (neg or - hold off)
TR (tamper reurn)
STR - (negative strobe trigger)
bell (negative bell trigger)

get youself a new bell box and connect it as above, most siren units will have a full set of instructions on how to terminate there device to your panel

Hope this helps

Oasis

Thanks, Oasis. The problem I have is that the two-core wire to the bell box has been buried in a wall and tiled over, so installing a new box will be a significant effort. Can you say whether the connections I have made sound correct?

They are correct.
Hence the good advice.
you can put a new sounder up and just link the siren into the panel.

Sponsored Links
loop TR and 0V (put a loop of cable between these
connect one of your two core cable to STR and BELL
connect the other one to the 12V

this will now make a noise !

if you have a SAB (self contained bell/siren box) bissconnect the battery>

or you could install a six core cable from your panel to teh bell/siren box, and fix it up properly!!

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back