BT has never heard of a SIM Provide Code for the O2 Group!!!

THX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I think I’m about to go insane…

I’m currently with BE Unlimited for my broadband and BT for the phone lines and will be moving house in a few week’s time.

Firstly, I rang BE Unlimited asking how to move my broadband from the old house to the new house. They clearly explained that in order to have a continues service from old phone line to new phone line that I would need to ask BT to place a simultaneous order for the O2 Group, and at the end of the ordering process BT would give me a (SIM Provide Code for the O2 Group) otherwise known as a ‘Linked Order Number’ starting with DFQ.

Now, here’s the insane bit; BT has categorically stated that they have never, ever, generated any reference number for a simultaneous provision other than the order number which starts with ‘VOL’ and have no way of generating the (DFQ xxxxxxx) SIM Provide Code number that I need for BE Unlimited. ..!

The BT person that I was dealing with was very, very helpful and referred this firstly to their Manager, then to their BT Order Expert and finally their Procedural Team. None of them had ever heard of providing a SIM Provide Code for the O2 Group beginning in DFQ.

I'm now at a complete loss, as I know people that have done this before successfully with BT thus I cannot understand why what I’m asking for is so completely alien to them. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the Simultaneous Provide option is only available to BT Business Customers and not domestic users.

Any help from anyone would save me from jumping off a cliff.

Thanks;

Sponsored Links
Spoke to a colleague at work today who has a friend who works at BT, gave me a number to call and had the whole thing resolved within 10 minutes! Apparently it all depends on which call center you first get filtered through to whether they can do this or not.

It's not what you know, but who you know!

A SIM? in home broadband? don't understand that.

Or is it a wireless connection with a dongle and SIM card?

Sponsored Links
A SIM? in home broadband? don't understand that.

Or is it a wireless connection with a dongle and SIM card?

SIM is short for Simultaneous.

Simultaneous PSTN/ADSL Provide Orders are intended to allow you to move house without a break in service. If you try to carry out the move any other way then there will be a break in service since your ISP will need to wait until the new line is connected before ordering ADSL on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back