Kitchen floor, underfloor heating, screed and DPM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am soon to 're do' my kitchen floor and wanted to run a few things by you.

My kitchen will be having damp proof work done to it soon and will have tanking at the bottom. The kitchen floor will be dug up tomorrow, but having had a dig already it appears as though there is just soil under the current 4 inches of concrete.

My plan is to lay a DPM on the soil which will join with the tanking to form a seal. I will then lay 3 inches of concrete on the DMP. insulation boards will then go on the concrete, followed by 2 inches of screed, then electric underfloor heating and finally slate tiles.

e.g.

Tiles
---
Underfloor Heating
---
Screed 2 inches
---
Insulation
---
Concrete - 4 inches
---
DPM

Does this sound ok? Is it ok to lay the DPM on the soil (Well I'll level with Building sand).
I can only raise the floor by approx 6/7inches due to head room.

Would it be better to lay the concrete first then the DPM? Can I put insulation boards on DPM?

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Ok an update having dug up the concrete that was there, we have hit soil/or what appears to be screed. Having dug another several inches in a spot there doesn't appear to be a level of concrete further down. So my plan is as follows:

Tiles
---
Underfloor Heating
---
Screed 2 inches
---
Insulation
---
DPM
---
Concrete - 4 inches

A critical evaluation would be great!

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back