Restarting Bosch Combi after Oil Runs Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler may have run out of oil, the tank is now full again but I cannot restart the boiler.

Can anyone please give me any tips how to do this?

Oressure guage shows low if that is relevant and I have tried pushing the Lockout reset all to no avail.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You have to bleed the oil pump, after you top the system pressure back up to where it should be.

Burner model would be handy

doitall said:
You have to bleed the oil pump, after you top the system pressure back up to where it should be.

Burner model would be handy

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply

It is a Worcester Bosch Heatslave 15/19 RS.

How do I bleed the oil pump.

Thankyou

Sponsored Links
The burner Model

Electro oil and has a model Number on the plate.

The Danfoss oil pump has a model number on the front

doitall said:
The burner Model

Electro oil and has a model Number on the plate.

The Danfoss oil pump has a model number on the front

Thanks again for your help, it is a bit hard to read but I think this is right

The oil pump is a BFP 41 L3

The burner is a Inter B 9-B

8-716-42-705

Type B9 (PL6-7-21,5-10)

and it is a Betone

reset lockout and blip burner on.off via boiler stat for few times, or run to lockout and reset, should go, if not, then its time to crack a bleed screw.

Bleed screw is the top one of three on the side of the pump.

Could just slacken the filter on the top off if you cant find the bleed

doitall said:
Bleed screw is the top one of three on the side of the pump.

Could just slacken the filter on the top off if you cant find the bleed

Thanks again,

Slackened off the screw some oil dripped out, but the boiler still wont start, keeps going back to log off.

Thanks for trying to help though

crack the flexi pipe at the pump connection, air should come out,....then oil.........everywhere :LOL:

you could try bleeding at tank filter, first, but 9/10 should do it @ pump.

So you ran out of oil, there are two things to do before you start bleeding pump.

1) is it a steel tank, or a fairly old plastic tank. Have you cleaned the filters?

2) you can check the filters and flush the line at the same time. Turn off the stop valve on the oil line, this should be in the boiler casing. Undo the nut holding the flexi pipe onto the oil pump, put end of pipe into a pot and turn valve on. You ought to run a litre or two of oil through, and it should flow freely. If it doesn't the filters need checking.

Turn off the stop valve, reconnect the pipe, and turn on the valve. wipe the joint dry, and check for leaks after 10 minutes, you can try running the boiler in the meantime.

You may have stirred up a load of 4****s in the tank did you let the oil settle before turning it on.

Run some oil through the pipe into a vessel, and clean the cartridge filter on the top of the pump.

Thank you very much for the input.

Just had a plumber out....

Turns out when they delivered the oil they turned the valve next to the tank off to fill up the tank and had not turned it back on again, so I hadn't actually run out at all.

Once again many thanks for your help.

...well im sure you know what you mean. but at least you replied with an answer....to the problem, which is appreciated .
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back