Visonic powermax+ door contact TAMPER OPEN

Did you turn latch key on?

You have to read the book too.

Also check you have line voltage at the panel, should be 50vdc at the "tiny screws".

Sponsored Links
Latch key is on, I read everything about latch key before trying it. Now checking voltages probably going towards really technical as I don't have tools to do that. Is there no way just.to check whether there's dial tone or not ?

Try 4.5.3 line fail, make immediate.

Sound, as you said before you had issues with connections it is a line fault.

What did you strip back to fit? Solid drawn or stranded cable? Or the fibre type found in standard handset leads?

And without even a small test meter your stuffed.

It's fiber wire thats why i found it so difficult to strip and tie it in such small holes. I also think it's something to do with the connection, is there any hard wire telephone cable? that would be so easy.

Sponsored Links
Thats your problem I believe.
Local Maplin or Electrical suppliers can provide some BT cable, easier in your case to use.
Once you have the CORRECT cable, when setting and unsetting pick up a handset connected to the same line after a few seconds and you should hear the system trying to communicate.

Been looking on internet but couldn't find RJ11 cable with solid conductor. Also went to local eletrical store, he mentioned you won't get solid RJ11 with BT jack on one end as solid cable only used for extensions.
Do you know the name of the cable or anywhere on the internet?

Thanks

You want the RJ11 because?

I assume you want to plug this directly into the BT point, remove the facia and hardwire it both ends.

Seriously if you cannot conmnect a BT line how are you connecting the panel to the mains?

That's fine i'll buy the cable today, will hardwire it in to the BT socket directly.
I was going in to the BT jack direction as i did read at few forums that people has been cutting RJ11 and connecting stripped wires in the panel and other side connected to ADSL filter or BT socket directly, so dont know how they're doing it.

Some latter BT outlets have onboard filters.

You can get other types of RJ11 with diff cable, Maplins is a good start.
Or make one up,its not too difficult :D

Also other panels have the plug in receptors.

Anyway this should be it, get it all connected and do a setting sequence with a latchkey code and all should be well. Please let us know either way.

I opened my virgin phone socket just to check how the telephone line is connected, basically two wires are just hooked in clips so hopefully the solid phone cable i'm gonna buy will hook on top of the main line and this is it.

The reason i'm writing this as when i disconnected the panel BT jack from the phone line, the panel started beeping with trouble "Line Failure". This means phone line is connected? remember i mentioned in my earlier messages that when i call to check panel status it does give 10 sec noise so that i can communicate with the panel but panel wasn't acknowledging any command.
May be phone line is connected but not properly thats why it can sense that it's disconnected but couldn't do anything else. am i right?

Could be a filter issue then.

Never had to fit to a virgin line either. Could be worth a call to them.
Unless anyone else had experience of this.

Finally it worked, just bought a custom solid phone cable and connected with the virign box manually. On latch key it's making calls, haven't tested all the features but at last it's working now. Thanks for your help alarm.

If its doing "latchkey" then the rest should work fine.
Glad to be of assistance.

It is appreciated when "we" get an update.

Regards

Alarm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back