Help With Tiny L Shaped Wetroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i'm trying to solve the layout of a tiny bathroom I have -- it's currently occupied by a short 150cm bath, plus WC and handbasin, and my plan is to turn it into a shower/wetroom. just puzzling over the possibilities of what can be done with the difficult space.
i've uploaded a picture - the bathroom is in the bottom left hand corner and measures 216 x 157cm - but the width of the L is only around 80cm on either axis. Have tried to indicate positions of bath, WC and basin.

Can I protect the window space from water - other than just using exterior paint...
The waste pipe exits the room just to the left of the toilet.

Ideally i'd either have the shower head at the head of the existing bath (A), but there is a window...or else around the current WC area (B) and move the WC up into the space vacated by the bath.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Martin

Sponsored Links
I would imagine this is the main family bathroom? If kids are involved and they cant use your ensuite Id be thinking of a way of keeping a bath.

If you go with a shower I would go with your first option because you dont want to walk through a wet floor just to get to the loo. AstonMatthews do a great wc which would give you a bit more space. The waste is easy to connect to too. The window can be tiled with a slope to drain water back into the room.

A built in shower will probably be easier than a wetroom due to getting the waste connected but you need to consider how the door would open. The wc stated above may give you enough room to swing open a door. Its down to money but it would feel and look better as a wetroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back