Qn about Elmdene HS500 External Sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening, I am looking for some advice regarding the Elmdene HS500 external sounder (Hexagonal shaped one).

Is this a good bellbox to fit?
What colour are the flashing LEDs?
Also are they as bright as those found on the Gardtec Novagard 20 models? ;)
It does not seem to have a lens, so I guess both the LEDs & Strobe flash through the cover.
Was gonna go for the Novagard 20, but heard the ealier models had problems of Chirping in very cold temps, apparently moisture gets into the pcb.
Also Risco wouldn't sell to me as you must be a registered installer.

Any feedback appreciated

Sponsored Links
Well if its elmdene, that to me = quality, last firm i was with used these, very good unit, i now work for myself and use tex oddy 3, but am considering changing to the elmdene quartz.

The leds on these are green and iirc they dont flash. strobe also lights up the whole box when active.

have used the vertec, prima, and starlite units, all very good, but prefer the vertec, and prima.

gardtec novagard units will be fixed now, so no worries about them if you fancy the gardtec.

Thanks for your advice Mr Young. Yes, I agree Elmdene is quality.
The Brochure says the HS500 & HS500M models have selectable leds, (on, Off or flashing)
see this
http://www.buythis.co.uk/pdf/4267.pdf

I'm abit LED mad, and have noticed my neighbour's Novagard 20 flashes extremely brightly, yet have to see a bellbox that flashes so brightly!

Really tempted by the elmdene cos its simple, but I want bright LEDs :cool:
regards

must have changed that then as there was only on or off a while back.

Bottom line is tho, its still a good unit, but as its mainly about comfort led's, i would go for the prima, or vertec.

Thought about texecom oddy 3?? good box, abit mainstream now but still a good unit, (picy on my profile of ours)

Sponsored Links
Bright LED`s, dim in sunlight.
Disco lights well, they are disco.
Why not a Risco backlit box, or the new lit one?
Rapier........................now thats a sounder.......got £150.00 to spare?

Forgot to mention, Alarms a big fan of the Rapier, very nice!!! but very £££ :eek: :LOL:

must have changed that then as there was only on or off a while back.

Bottom line is tho, its still a good unit, but as its mainly about comfort led's, i would go for the prima, or vertec.

Thought about texecom oddy 3?? good box, abit mainstream now but still a good unit, (picy on my profile of ours)

Yeh, must be an upgrade or something. Heard texe oddy 3 are really good, but don't loke green LEDS.

Forgot to mention, Alarms a big fan of the Rapier, very nice!!! but very £££ :eek: :LOL:

Yeh I know alarm is a big fan of the rapier, he has recommended it on here a few times & I don't blame him!
Its a top notch unit but for a price of a decent control panel :eek:

Bright LED`s, dim in sunlight.
Disco lights well, they are disco.
Why not a Risco backlit box, or the new lit one?
Rapier........................now thats a sounder.......got £150.00 to spare?

yep they are a little disco, fill up the whole lens.

The new Risco lumins looks cool, but I read a review where they tested it against a pyronix deltabell Plus, and its not as bright as the delatbell.
Also again, sourcing one is a little tricky!
I like elmdene products, I'm gonna ring them tomorrow & find out about comfort led's on the HS500.
Or else, may do some modification by fitting some superbright flashing Blue LEDs into the enclosure & also a few white ones to make it backlit! :D
That shall make a good project! & a unique looking sounder too!

The vertec 5000 has cool white led's benny, (or they did have) not super bright but imo its acceptable.

1000 has green and dont flash.

think the novagard will win this fight :p

The vertec 5000 has cool white led's benny, not super bright but imo its acceptable.

1000 has green and dont flash.

think the novagard will win this fight :p

hmmm decisions, decisons, yeh u may be right, that novagard sure is bright.
well, like I said, may get one of those flashing LED module, change the leds to superbright ones & do a few mod on the box ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back