need some help with an old drayton tempus 6 control box.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i wonder if you can help.

i have a drayton tempus 6 control box linked to a potterton boiler, they must be at least 15 years old.

yesterday we had a powercut for roughly 10 hours and when the power came back on the control box has stopped working?

on the screen it is showing 10ee in the middle and where you can see what time the boiler or hot water is coming on it is showing 1 ee oo?

does anyone have an idea whats up with it ??

pressing the buttons does nothing either?

help !!

cheers

steve

Sponsored Links
Most programmers can be reset. If yours has a select and a time button try pressing both together,this may reset to default.

Sponsored Links
My Drayton Tempus Seven (pre 2000) locked up and displayed 10EE instead of the time after a brief powercut while the boiler was heating. The manual said a factory reset could be initiated by pressing the four 2nd ON/OFF buttons simultaneously but this had no effect.

Suspecting that the control chip had got its knickers seriously twisted, I thought I would try a cold start. I switched off the mains supply to the heating system, removes the two screws from the underside of the timer and took the unit off the wallplate. I undid the four screws on the back (two are hidden by white labels that easily peel back) and removed the circuit board. I disconnected the lithium backup battery (the thin, round, silver disc mounted vertically) by carefully unsoldering one of its legs and, of course, the LCD display went blank. The battery measured 2.6V off-load which suggests it might be knackered as this isn't a multiple of 1.2V. I've yet to find out what it should be though. I reattached the battery, reassembled and refitted the unit. On switching back on, it all worked correctly once I had reprogrammed the clock and my settings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back