GRADE 2 SYSTEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

question, on a grade 2 alarm system do your junction boxes require to be tampered to comply with BS

I know this is the case on grade 3 and above systems but i did not think it was the case in grade 2 systems.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I have posted this 3 times but for some reason it has never went on the forum so third time lucky!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
as with all graded system (excluding grade 1) all connection to junction boxes, (and all other devices) must conform to EN50131 and be graded
as such,

if you fit a standard (ungraded) junction box, on a grade 2 or 3 system, the system will have a grading of 1,
as its the lowest graded item on the system.

try to bring all cabling from the device to the end station at all times.

the only time we use a junction box is for roller shutter contacts, PTS buttons (push to set) Chubb lock switches, we try not to use them to be honest, its just another path or resistance for the panel to look at.

i hope this helps

Oasis

Its optional on grade 2

Would provide the protection anyway, you really should know this if your installing to grade 2, got a copy of EN/PD??

Hi thanks guys,

It was for a roller shutter contact as i also do not fit junction boxes. I was not 100% sure on this as mentioned i knew it was defo the case for Grade 3 and above but i did not think it was the case for garde 2.

The reason i dont like fitting them with roller shutters is they can often bring up high resistance faults at a later date as i do not think the j/b's are the best. I prefer to solder all my joins together at shutters thus eliminating any future problmes.

mr young thanks for your reply but im sure you have seen the regs book, im afraid to say you cannot know everything off by heart!

sometimes you need a hand from time to time, and for clarification if i did not knoww the answer or could not find it then i would fit the j/b to be on the safe side thus in keeping with the regs.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
G2 can be untampered if concealed IIRC.
In my book totally wrong.

Wrong in my book too, for all it takes to do it, just do it

Agreed, had the discussion with a director and he maintained a JB in a droped ceiling could be untampered.
Still fitted tampers:D

Last inspection I had got one A two B`s. Turned out the B`s were for the files in the office. Not my job, but still annoys.
Was simple stuff too!

Is SSAIB easier :p

Thats bound to cause a row :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back