DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Vokera Compact 28 red light problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
kryder

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quote

I have been having problems with my boiler for over a week now where the red light keeps coming on I have it covered with Scottish gas and they have been out on 4 separate occasions first they cleaned the venturi pipes, then replaced the CH sensor then today the engineer replaced the PCB.

All of which got the boiler starting again however a couple of hours later when I ran the hot water the red light came on again icon_sad.gif

the engineer who attended today said the only other thing that could be done is a power flush but this would cost us 450. can anyone please give me any other further advise on what to do please i'm at my wits end?
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
grahamtheplumber

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:25 pm Reply with quote

does anything in particular happen before the light comes on.does it happen more at particular times or during hw or heating use?
 Alert Moderators
Ray84

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:55 pm Reply with quote

it could be a number of things, Usually without any indication or it doing it while present you'd go down a process of elimination, changing both central heating and hot water sensors, do u you know if both were done? after that its quite common for the ignition pcb to go faulty then the most expensive part is the main pcb.
I had one last week that didnt it while i was present though and endedup being an air pressure switch.
red light will also come on if the boiler overheats but once cools usually comes off without the need to go in and reset so you can be almost 100% sure a powerflush wont fix anything.
Best to phone them back out tomorrow and if theyre not willing to help ask to speak to the area service manager and explain the problem
The following user says thank you to Ray84 for this useful post:
kryder (23 Mar 2011)
 Alert Moderators
kryder

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quote

red light comes on more during hot water use

I have them coming back out this afternoon so I will ask about the air pressure switch and if they changed the HW sensor fingers crossed it gets sorted

Thanks for your comments
 Alert Moderators
Agile

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:56 am Reply with quote

This is a more difficult boiler to fault find as the indication can be triggered by many different causes.

Apart from overheats or sensors the ignition PCB is a common cause. The APS is easy for any competent engineer to test.

Tony
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: