Zanussi Dishwasher ZDT6053 On/Off Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pressing & holding the On/Off button causes the indicator lights to work correctly, but as soon as you remove finger from the spring loaded button, all the lights go off. Would guess that on/off button should electronically latch via the control board. Have removed mains power for 60 secs in the hope of a 'hard' reset, but no fix. Is there anything obvious to check or fix or must it be a replacement control board?

Sponsored Links
On-off function is usually integrated on the pcb on this model. Post the machine PNC number on the door sticker & I'll give you the correct part numbers. Pcb's normally retail at around £140.

Thanks for info. PNC is 911939002. I'm about to access the switch etc and have a play about for anything obvious. Maybe I can just wedge the switch down and see if everything still works properly before sehlling out £140! Seems that it's juts not handshaking properly with the control board.

Sponsored Links
Ta for info so far. Have now dismantled and reckon the power on/off switch is faulty as electric smell and signs of arcing on the small control panel pcb. Crazy, but can't remember if this on/off switch has a mecahnical latching on/off action or not, but my wife seems to recall it did and that would make sense. So any idea where I could source the switch or at worst the small control panel pcb? Switch says 'sala burgess' but no part number that I can see, though haven't unsoldered yet; if can't source spare will attempt brain surgery on the switch ....

It is the mains switch which I've dismantled and small plastic bit that allows it to latch is broken; looks so flimsy bet loads have failed this way. Tried internet to source this saia burgess 3293 (says on bottom) pushbutton switch, but no luck; even spoke to Johnson Electric main agents in UK and they don't keep it. It'd be great to get hold of a scrap electronic module and raid the switch, maybe I'll try another post and see if anyone has one - but slim chance. Certainly not going to fork out £120 ish for a new complete module, that's ridiculous for a £1 switch - I'll simply hardwire the pcb holes where the switch went to leave mains permanently energised and use the switched spur on the wall to turn the dishawasher on and off - how's that for a cheap fix?

I suspect my dishwasher has the same problem, so many thanks for your post which is an encouragement to me to take mine apart.
Presumably your fix has worked?

Yup, still working fine; simply remove the switch and solder (or get a mate if you're not into it) two piece of copper wire one across the live and one acropss the neutral pcb pads, then use the wall switch. Cost zero!

I've just got the same issue with me dishwasher :(

Had a look on here and didn't fancy paying £120 and quite reluctant to start taking the thing apart.

Reassured that the faulty switch is fairly common, so I've just used a shirt collar stiffener to latch the on/off button in the on position and will just use the wall switch from now on. :D

HC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back