shower tray measurements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks could do with some basic assistance with shower tray measurements and fitting advice,

I have to replace a shower tray , tiles and glass screen thats leaking.
All sounds easy but the shower screen is half under the eaves and consequently is cut at the corresponding angle does anyone know where to get hold of angled (ie not rectangular) shower screens. As all roofs Are pitched differently surely its gonna be a bit of a chore finding the right top angle?( judging by the one thats been installed!).

The existing shower tray butts up against walls on three sides and is roughly 1.1m by .75m . but as the tiles are there this would seem to suggest a slightly wider tray.
How do I order the correct size tray.

Finally what have I to be aware of when refitting, is it a simple job?
cheers
simon

Sponsored Links
Without seeing pics it's a bit difficult to help, but I would imagine the screen was bespoke, cut to fit. You can buy these, but they cost a bit. Scour the net.

Its not too expensive to get the screens made to measure and decent glass suppliers can also get the fittings you need as well ! Has to be tempered glass.

Forget made to measure shower trays decent supplier is Sanctuary in leeds give the a buzz !

Sponsored Links
thanks fellas,

Ill look up sanctuary see whats what.
Any idea how long this job should take as I'd like to charge accordingly.

cheers simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back