Switching off water supply via boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Sorry for being a complete div and bothering you.

I have a problem that is no doubt so simple that I can't see the wood for the trees. :confused:

I am trying to switch off the water supply to my bathroom via the central heating boiler I have. I have established that it's not switched off via any other source.

I have attached some pictures of the boiler in question: A EuroCombi Ariston (A/23-A/27 MFFI).

Can anyone please assist me in how to switch it off so I can get a washer replaced on the bathroom tap?

Kind regards and many thanks in advance,

Kris

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Kristal, as you have a combi boiler, simply turn off the water supply to the house.....this will prevent any water leaving the boiler.
You can leave your central heating on at this time.
There is a good chance that boiler valves will leak once disturbed, and you don't want that!
John :)

Hi Kristal17

As you have a combi, have a look for the incoming water main stopcock. It might be under the sink unit or other units, or understair or in hallway.

This will turn off the whole flat / house water supply.

Dan.

Thanks folks, will give it a try. If I can find the flipping stopcock to switch it off that is (nothing seems to be switching off the supply. I thought it was the switch on the right hand picture I posted, but it's not happening.) Will keep trying and thanks again.

Sponsored Links
It'll be under your sink, in the kitchen in some other location, or alternatively there'll be one in the road

the picture on the right shows your filler loop which is used to repressure the heating side of your boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back