Help with dripping overflow pipe - Open Vented System !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old back boiler.

I have just turned the setting up, and have also turned the setting up on the pump to make my radiators nice and hot, which has worked well.

Ever since doing this my overflow pipe is dripping fast, this I believe is coming from the feed and expansion tank above the cylinder in the bathroom, however there is another insulated coffin tank above this in the loft which I believed was for overflor purposes ?

I don't think that there is a problem with the ballcock in the feed and expansion tank, but believe that this is being filled by an overflow pipe coming from the cylinder itself (upside down j shape).

If I turn down the boiler and pump settings the overflow problem stops, however my radiators are not hot enough !

What can I do ?

Thanks in advance.... :)

Sponsored Links
may not be enough dry head on the vent - and the pump may be too close and so pumps over a bit when turned up.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back