sky+hd housemove getting best deal!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am just about to move house nxt week and currently get my sky+ sky talk, line rental, broadband through sky etc with the basic package + sky sports all for about £45 a month(got 20% discount off the whole package when rang up to turn off sky sports) ,but before i ring them i js want to make sure i get a good deal to stay with them at the new address as i suppose i could play them off saying ive been offered a great deal with cable virgin etc for the whole package.. all i am looking for is a decent deal to stay with them which would include a new sky+hd box! as i am going to have a 50inch hd/3d tv on my diner wall when the kitchen dining room is renovated! so prob wont require the hd subsciption for a good few months tbh...what is the best way to handle this when i ring them up to get the ball rolling for the housemove etc anyone recently been in the same situation with sky ? should i play hardball from the start saying im leaving been offered a fantastic package elsewhere.. :eek: :) cheers any thoughts suggestions welcome

Sponsored Links
I would say something along the lines that you are moving to an area which is already connected to virgin cable.
I dont know what box you have but a lot of the early Thompson HD boxes are unreliable and people have been getting discounts on the new 1TB box. Might be worth mentioning that your box is not very reliable and you would like an upgrade.

Then mention that Virgin have the new tivo based V+ box for about £200 which is less than Sky would charge you for an upgrade (£250 + £30 for self setup).
Virgin looks better value for a better box so see what they will do for you with a new box.

any thoughts suggestions welcome
I suggest that instead of typing in stream of consciousness like james joyce you try breaking your torrent of words into sentences and paragraphs which will make it easier for people to read and they will be more likely to undertand you and to offer to help which is what you want after all wouldt you say and you can use punctuation too and some capital letters it all helps you know and you can get your point across better and people will be more receptive and likely to reply james joyce was a famous irish writer working in the early 20th century but there is a lot of controversy about his style though people have got used to it now and anyway i think you will find you are communicating better if you try to spend a bit more time organising your thoughts and words rather than just having them spill out in a torrent and i wd tr 2 avoid abbrevs s well.. if youur speling is not very good u cn lso us the fre spel chequer wh is prvided hre free 4 u 2 use hope this helps i am nt triing 2 b awkwd but 2 mke lfe eeser 4 u nd help u get bttr rslts fter all so pls dnt b offend

Sponsored Links
JOHN D...say wot what rot you talk lol whats all that babble about i think your getting confused old boy sure your on the right forum ? eh :LOL:" james joyce was a famous irish writer " so what im onabout moving house mate..+ whats this "you try breaking your torrent of words into sentences and paragraphs" ?? are you having a laugh :LOL: then you babble crap like "IF YOUUR SPELING IS NOT VERY GOOD U CN LSO US THE FRE SPEL CHEQUER WH IS PRIVED HRE FREE 4 U 2 USE HOPE THIS HELPS I AM NT TRIING 2 B AWKWD BUT 2 MKE LFE EESER 4 U ND HELP U GET BTTR RSLTS FTER ALL SO PLS DNT BE OFFEND" :LOL: THATS THE BIGGEST LAUGH I HAVE HAD THIS YR :LOL: you need to go back to school old boy certainly not me :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back