Cutting/reconnecting cable TV feed - advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a virgin cable feed coming into the house (bungalow), the cable feeds into the lounge where a 2 way splitter is provided to give TV and internet services.

I want to take the main cable into the loft, reconnect it to the splitter then drop the TV feed into the lounge and internet feed into the kitchen. Problem is I will need to cut the incoming cable to remove it from outside wall of the lounge and then thread it up thru thru the soffit to the loft - how do i reconnect the cut cable? do i need to buy a special crimping tool to reinstate the connector pieces? what connectors should i buy?

any advice appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Have a virgin cable feed coming into the house (bungalow), the cable feeds into the lounge where a 2 way splitter is provided to give TV and internet services.

I want to take the main cable into the loft, reconnect it to the splitter then drop the TV feed into the lounge and internet feed into the kitchen. Problem is I will need to cut the incoming cable to remove it from outside wall of the lounge and then thread it up thru thru the soffit to the loft - how do i reconnect the cut cable? do i need to buy a special crimping tool to reinstate the connector pieces? what connectors should i buy?

any advice appreciated, thanks.

Screw on "f" connectors and a back to back coupler

cheers - can i get them at a diy store? (b&q or wickes)

all of the existing connectors on view appear to be 'crimped' on very firmly, are the tools needed to do this expensive?

Sponsored Links
If you were going to do loads then get a crimp tool and the plugs..... but for a small DIY job like yours it's not really worth the cost. The screw on type will work just as well.

If you really want crimped connectors then I can make up some cable to length for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back