Push button WC flush valves.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Opinions please on the WC tank lid push button flush valves that MFI and B&Q, in particular, sell these days?
What happens when replacements or parts are needed?

Sponsored Links
Search the forum, its been asked before. Then search the net.

I think they are unreliable, and Cranfield University published a paper to that effect as I remember. The syphon is fail safe, can't leak. The flap valve can cost you a surprising amount if you are on a meter and it leaks. You probably wont be able to see it leaking, but the meter will measure it.

try to go for a popular brand from a plumbing merchant, these all plastic valves I consider to be semi-disposable, a bit like errr..........jug kettles, steam irons, vacuum cleaners etc.

Thanks for your replies, i did search but it wasn't enough info.
Would it be worthwhile to always replace the siphon that the tank comes with pre-installation of the WC? What would be the "best" replacement siphon?

Sponsored Links
"Geberit" are common and better than many. Widely available in merchants, and come fitted to good quality pot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back