Neff / Bosch Dishwasher stop/start/stop/start.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I start a cycle I can see the inlet water backing up from the sump hose back towards the anti-flood device. When this kicks in it drains some out, then fills up again, then drains some out etc. Constantly filling/emptying/filling/emptying....

I've checked the sump hose and it's doesn't appear to be blocked. I've blown down it and there seems to be a one way valve that opens shuts. It doesn't look as if this is opening properly to let the water in quickly enough, hence it backs up. Is this valve inside the sump assembly... and is it a relatively easy job to strip & clean ??

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Right, on closer inspection it appears that the inlet water isn't shutting off when it's full. Consequently it overfills, anti-flood kicks in, fills up again, anti-flood kicks in....

Is this likely to a problem with the inlet solenoid or something else that measures the water level inside the dishwasher ?

Looks like I've fixed it myself ! In the anti-flood device there's the yellow half which looks to be some sort of water level pressure sensor. If you take the whole anti-flood device apart, strip out both the yellow and red parts, then dismantle the yellow disc shape, you'll see a silicone bladder inside with a tiny plastic insert that lets air in to inflate it. You need to clean this out. When the bladder inflates it flicks the microswitch to start your cycle. If the bladder doesn't inflate it'll keep pouring water in until eventually the anti-flood kicks in instead. Put it all back together and hey presto... when the water flows in, you'll eventually see the bladder inflate, the blue arm rotate and cycle start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back