SOS /Electric Cooker -Four Hobs work - the two ovens don't!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Foolishly, I have just blindly bought a Hotpoint EW 81 Halogen cooker, which I have now found to be faulty. It was for my girl friend who was in desperate need of a cooker, thus the quick purchase. She has called to say that the four hobs (rings) work, but neither of the two ovens heat up. Strangely, the grill also works.

Hopefully, I could possibly try and fix this, as I have some albeit limited electrical knowledge and possibly some tools to to the job. What I am completely missing is where to start, what to look for and what the possible causes could be. Any assistance at all, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Ovens often will not start if the clock has not been started, and timers set to manual.

it might be that the electrical connection block has not been correctly wired by whoever fitted it.

Get hold of the instruction book and see how it should have been done.

I suppose it is also possible that the oven elements might not be plugged in properly. Odd if they both shook loose in transit, or it might be they are packed specially.

While you're at it, look up the electrical load figures and see how that compares with the circuit it has been installed on.

Take it off auto then it will work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back