Sky Sat cabling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have inherited a sky sat at a property I have, want to re-run cable to new location in house, the current sat has a pair of cables [same as my own house] but the new property has a third feed from the dish, do I need this? what would it have been for?

Sponsored Links
Could be a quad head. If it's tuned to freesat you could have one for the tv and two for a dual tuner recorder. Dunno much about Sky but I'd have thought two for each unit, and you'd have the second unit elsewhere.

I have two satellite coaxes running to my lounge for the dual tuner set top box, and another two running to a PC with dual dvb-s tuners for mythtv.

Or they're a mixture of sat, aerial and fm. Can't take the connector as a guarantee, you need to trace it to be sure.

Could have been that the previous occupiers had a Sky+/Sky+HD box (two feeds) and used the old standard Sky box (1 feed) in a bedroom or somewhere else in the house.

Thats sounds about right one feed went to bedroom twin to lounge [quad thingy on the dish] so I can ditch the single feed?

Sponsored Links
It's up to you what you do with the cables. Just remember though, it's far more expensive to install cables than rip them out.

Thanks, decided to keep the third sat feed when I was told it can feed a freesat. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back