new build / regulations / british standard / nhbc

dg9

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was wondering if anyone could advise me on what rules there may be with regards to new build properties and 'british standard' locks?

is it a case of the builder being able to use any sort of lock whatsoever or is there any guidance on this?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You may get more answers if you explain your question a little more.

the locks used on the doors do not appear to conform to the British Standard - there's no 'kitemark', no manufacturer's details etc on the lock. Just a 'bog standard' (if you pardon the pun, which was unintended) lock.

I just wondered if there was any NHBC guidance or anything that required locks to meet any minimum standard, or whether builders were free to use absolutely any sort of lock at all?

thanks

Sponsored Links
NHBC tech guidance states that locks should be to BS 3621, and mentions some other requirements such as number of key differs , and deadlocking and anti-sawing etc

• Thanks
Reactions: dg9

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back